The Granada Study Visit was held in Granada, Spain, from 9 to 15 April 2015. This study visit was designed in a way to combine theory with practical hands-on sessions and to ensure interaction and two-way communication between the participants and speakers/trainers.
The meeting discussed topics such as internationalisation, interdisciplinarity and doctoral schools, and it also established the basis for the elaboration of the Centres for doctoral education, a deliverable of the UZDOC project.
The University of Granada was the hosting institution of this study visit, which closed the second phase of the UZDOC project.
Download the important documents:
Download the presentations:
DAY 1 - 9 APRIL 2015
- Welcome to the University of Granada by Dorothy Kelly, Vice-Rector for International Relations and Development Cooperation, University of Granada
- Facts & figures on doctoral education in Uzbekistan:
Different models of doctoral schools in Europe by Alexandra Bitusikova, Vice-Rector for Research at Matej Bel University, EUA Senior Adviser
DAY 2 - 10 APRIL 2015
- Organisation of doctoral schools at the University of Granada:
- Establishing doctoral schools at the University of Granada by Lola Ferre, Vice-Rector for Graduate and Postgraduate Studies & Director of the International School for Postgraduate Studies
- Organisation of doctoral schools at the University of Granada by Luis Cruz, Director of the Doctoral School for Science, Technology and Engineering
Non-academic's perspective by Ricardo Rueda Cabrera, Associate Director for of Discovery, Research and Development, Abbott Nutrition, Granada, Spain
Building blocks on internationalisation by Inmaculada Domínguez, Director for Internationalisation, International School for Postgraduate Studies, University of Granada
Round table discussion: Choose one building block: which is most applicable and why? By Jean-Pierre de Greve, former Vice-Rector for International Relations at Vrije Universiteit Brussel and External evaluator of the UZDOC project
Introduction to the “four seasons” session by Antonio González, Director for Doctoral Studies, International School for Postgraduate Studies, University of Granada
DAY 3 - 11 APRIL 2015
- How to be successful in the implementation of interdisciplinarity? with practical examples of interdisciplinary-oriented doctoral study programmes:
DAY 4 - 13 APRIL 2015
- The presentations of the Consortium meeting are available in the UZDOC Intranet: http://uzdoc.eu/page/granada-consortium-meeting-13-april-2015
DAY 5 - 14 APRIL 2015
The role of the support centres for doctoral education in Europe by Slaven Mihaljevic, Head of Office of Doctoral Studies at University of Zagreb
Building a road map for support centres. Training by Hans Sonneveld, Director of the Netherlands Centre for Graduate and Research Schools. Tilburg, The Netherlands.
Download the group pictures: